Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Hello everyone! I want to thank you so much for following. I really appreciate each and every one of you.

Please Note: Requests are closed at this time. ^_^ Thank you.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2 Cent Tuesdays At Penny Reads




 
This week's 2 cents: Do any of you ever read a book and the characters, plot, setting, and etc. make you think of certain songs? I know it happens for me all the time. So my question today is what are some songs you think are perfect for some of the books you've read and enjoyed?


SomeoneThat You're With by Nickelback. Every time I hear this song I think of Puck and Meghan from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series. The song is about the guy that lives across the hall but moves to slow to get the girl and she's out with others all the time. It's so related to his situation that I can't help but think of them every time.

Far From Home by Five Finger Death Punch. This is Ash's theme song from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series. It's about a guy trying to find his way home. That no matter all the experiences he has and no matter how hard he tries he can't get home. It makes me think on how no matter how hard Ash tries her can't go home to Meghan. It's really sad.

The World Belongs to Me by My Darkest Days. This song brings to life the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. Everything in these lyrics describes something in one of the books. It's almost as if it was written as a theme song for the entire series. Each line brings up a different part of the books in my mind. ^_^

Unaffectedby Hoobastank is Sam's theme song from Shiver. It's so very true on how Grace's parents think of Sam. It's a perfect representation of Sam versus Grace's parents.I love it very much for just that reason. (And I like to think it sounds like somethign Sam would write. ^_^)

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard any of these songs before, but I like Sam's song. It's fitting. =)

    ReplyDelete