Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Hello everyone! I want to thank you so much for following. I really appreciate each and every one of you.

Please Note: Requests are closed at this time. ^_^ Thank you.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

2 Cent Tuesdays At Penny Reads




This weeks 2¢ Tuesday discussion is: Which book characters do you hate the most? I know we've all read books where certain characters have just gotten under our skin so much we wished we could reach into the book and punch their daylights out.

I don’t like to use the term hate. While there are characters that I want to knock out I can’t actually say I hate them. They have a purpose but… I wouldn’t converse with them if I had a choice. ^_~ They grate on my last nerve so to speak. So without further ado, my selection:

1.      Keenan (Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr) – Keenan drives me up the walls. In a bad way. He’s a cocky, it’s going to happen my way, pretty boy. He does a lot of assuming and a lot of “my charm and good looks will get me what I want”. When he nearly forced Ash I about had it. Then when he decided Ash is my queen but I’m going to still bang on Dona too that drove me crazy. He thought he could have them both on his terms and that was just uncool to me.

2.      Simon (Mortal Instruments) – I don’t even know where to start with Simon. He serves a purpose. A conflict for Jace as it were, but at the same time he’s not very useful for anything. He’s a tagger along, and some serious baggage in some of the chapters. Then in City of Fallen Angels he’s a tool. I can’t find one reason to like Simon. He’s constantly being rescued or in need of being rescued. Even Clary doesn’t have that kind of bad karma floating around her. There’s a cycle of Where’s Simon? Then Let’s go save Simon that’s rather annoying.

3.      Sam (The Girl in the Steel Corset) – I think, Sam had good intention. However, he’s so bitter I couldn’t bring myself to like him. Not even a little. Everything Finley did was seen as a crime. He hated her, and I think mostly because she was what he was without the metal. He annoyed me to no end with every accusation. Then when we met the man in the bar, and he sought council with that man… I got the willies and disliked Sam even more for not using his brain. Apparently brains and brawn don’t go together in the same package.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I don't know much about Wicked Lovely or the Girl in the Steel Corset, but I am surprised you dislike Simon. Though, now that you point it out, I can see why. The whole we need to save Simon thing does get old. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete