Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers answer. Everyone is welcome to join! All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! It’s super fun and a great way to meet other bloggers.
Today’s top ten is “Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines.” So here they are. These women can kick ass, so don’t cross them. Ever.
1. Isabelle Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare) – Izzy is dangerous, deadly, and unapologetic with it. She’s also over-protective at times and a bit of a smart mouth too.
2. Finley Jayne (Steampunk Chronicles by Kady Cross) – Finley is a regular looking girl with behemoth strength, and healing power. She’s got a wicked side that loves fighting and kicking ass.
3. Ellie (Angelfire Series by Courtney Allison Moulton) – Ellie is a demon slayer by night and a high school kid by day. She regularly consorts with angels and demons alike. She had power unlike any other and doesn’t abuse it.
4. Scarlet (Archers of Avalon Series by Chelsea Fine) – Scarlet grows into a woman that anyone would be scared to cross. She has an arsenal of weapons at her disposal and is a dead eye with a bow. She’s not to be trifled with.
5. Emerson Cole (Hourglass Series by Myra McEntire) – Emerson is fierce. While not tall enough to be intimidating she makes up for it in attitude and some killer kung fu skills.
6. Daphne (Mythos Academy by Jennifer Estep) – Daphne is a no nonsense kind of girl. She can also use any weapon handed to her and kill with it. She is one bad ass Valkyrie.
7. Allison Sekemoto (Blood of Eden by Julie Kagawa) – Allie isn’t a quitter. She’s generous with her friends and she fights for what she believes in. She’s got wicked skills with her katana and definitely uses them without remorse.
8. Yukiko (The Lotus War Series by Jay Kristoff) – She’s blunt and often tactless with it. She’s also apt at demon killing and deception. She’s strong even when the world around her is crashing down and her beliefs are trashed. She comes through even stronger and skilled.
9. Tris Prior (Divergent Series by Veronica Roth) – Tris is fierce. The one thing I remember clearly that she insisted on was “I am brave.” With that as her motto there’s very little that she doesn’t attempt or let intimidate her.
10. Six (The Lorien Legacies by Piticus Lore) – She is a warrior through and through. She doesn’t believe in quitting but she does have the good sense to know when a fight is futile and to find another way. Six is superbly smart as well. I love her thinking process.
So here are my top ten! What are yours?