Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Hello everyone! I want to thank you so much for following. I really appreciate each and every one of you.

Please Note: Requests are closed at this time. ^_^ Thank you.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Book Review: The Probability of Miracles



Haha. I am alive! Thank you everyone for sticking it out with me! I really appreciate it! 
 
 

The Probability of Miracles
Author: Wendy Wunder
Publish Date: July 5, 2012
Publisher: Razorbill
A dying teen learns to live in this heart-wrenching debut, perfect for fans of If I Stay

Campbell Cooper has never been in love. And if the doctors are right, she'll never have the chance. So when she's told she needs a miracle, her family moves 1,500 miles north to Promise, Maine--a place where amazing, unexplainable events are said to occur--like it or not. And when a mysterious envelope arrives, containing a list of things for Cam to do before she dies, she finally learns to believe--in love, in herself, and maybe even in miracles, as improbable as they may seem.


Everyone that knows me knows that I’m not really into the contemporary YA. So, it was really surprising when I found myself wanting to read this book. Dying to read this book (considering I put it on my TBR way before it came out.) I’m so very glad I took that leap of Faith. 

Cam is a great character. She’s dying, has accepted it and is mostly apathetic about it.  She withdraws from people and is semi content to just lay down and die.  It’s sad but courageous at the same time. She’s not raging at the unfairness of it all; she’s not cursing everyone and acting outrageously out of character in her final days. She just accepts. She doesn’t believe in miracles; she doesn’t believe there’s any way to save her.

The characters around her however, do not accept. Her mother, her sister, her friends that she really didn’t want, are actually the people that direct the story more than our heroine. They refuse to give up what has already been confirmed as a losing battle. It does drive Cam into doing some stupid stuff. 

The plot is well written. It moves at pace there is something always happening. For a dying person Cam isn’t very whiny. She’s actually really strong willed and stubborn in her decision making. It makes the story all the more active because while Cam has already given up she sort of also accepts that those around her are trying and causes twists in the story that give moments of bafflement at her antics. 

Overall, it was a great story. The characters are really thoroughly thought out and complete. None of them are lacking or annoying in any situation. It’s a really complete story and I found myself extremely saddened at the end. 

My Rating:  

No comments:

Post a Comment