Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Hello everyone! I want to thank you so much for following. I really appreciate each and every one of you.

Please Note: Requests are closed at this time. ^_^ Thank you.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Book Review: Shade


Shade
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Publish Date: May 2010
Publisher: Simon Pulse

Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart. 

Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last. 

Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone. 

Well, sort of. 

Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost. 

It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit. 

As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift (Goodreads)

This review is long overdue and I’m very sorry for not getting to it sooner. College comes first after all.  But without further ado:

I’ve never thought of Baltimore as a great place. Sure it’s got the Ravens and the Poe house but there was no real reason for me to like Baltimore even living two hours away from it. I’ve certainly got reason now. 

To be completely frank I didn’t like Logan from the start. I’m not sure what is was about him, but I instantly thought Aura could do so much better. He’s not truly a bad kid, he’s just a bit wilder then I think Aura deserves. She spends a lot of time babying him which was really nerve grating especially when…

Let’s go into Zachary. He is the most patient man I’ve had the pleasure of reading about (tied with Jem of course). He doesn’t let anything, or tries not to let anything about the Logan situation rub him wrong. My patience wore out long before his did. He’s polite and gentlemanly too. Let’s just say a somewhat opposite of wild eyed Logan.

Aura is understandably torn. Something new compared to something you’ve known much, much longer and we obviously know which one is going to get the most attention. I was so frustrated with her for a while. (I LOVE MEGAN! You Go Girl!)

Overall it’s an excellent page turner. I didn’t want to stop until it was done. Always a good sign. I definitely recommend it for paranormal readers. 

My Rating: 
P.S. I will get the review for Shift up shortly. *crosses fingers* Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment