Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Hello everyone! I want to thank you so much for following. I really appreciate each and every one of you.

Please Note: Requests are closed at this time. ^_^ Thank you.

Friday, December 16, 2011

2nd Annual End Of Year Book Survey - 2011 Style!




Hosted by The Perpetual Page-turner. Here is the end of the Year book survey. This took a lot of thinking on my part as I just started blogging this year. I have a whole lot to learn yet and I'm so very thankful to those awesome bloggers that have given me a hand in learner!
 


1. Best Book You Read In 2011?

Hm. This is a tough one. It’s a tossup between The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa or Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder. Though there are several others that come to mind when I think of best reading. We'll say these two are my top picks.

2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?

Fallen by Lauren Kate. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a decent book but I had to force myself to pick it back up every time I put it down. It was disappointing I had to re-get into the book every time I put it down.

4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?

Die for Me by Amy Plum. I was skeptical, good cover art we all know does not mean good book. I loved this book so much. I've read it so many times already I think my Ereader stopped reading the file on purpose.

5. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?

I’m pretty sure I’ve forced Falling Under by Gwen Hayes on a lot of people this year. It was a terrific book. Have you read it yet? *stares* 

6. Best series you discovered in 2011?

The Modern Faerie Tales by Holly Black. SUPERB. FANTASTIC. Untouchable by any other series of it's kind.

7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?

There are so many I’ve added to my palette in 2011… Jeri Ready-Smith, Veronica Roth, Rachel Vincent, Kady Cross… and the list goes on and on… 

8. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

Ouch.. um… Forget You by Jennifer Echols. I’m not much of a non-paranormal reader but this was the first one I read this year and by far remains my favorite of the handful I’ve read in total for the year. Though I am trying to get a few more in for comparison sake.

9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?

Divergent by Veronica Roth or Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder. Both books I locked myself in my room to read so I could read without interruptions. ^_^ Read them in one sitting too.
 
10. Book you most anticipated in 2011?

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa. I waited practically ALL YEAR for this book. It was a tormented wait. 

11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?

The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross. This is a GORGEOUS cover. Not the first with a red dress on it, but the one that caught my attention the most.

12. Most memorable character in 2011?

Jem; James Carstairs from The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare. He is adorable and I will snap Tessa in half if she hurts him. >_<

13. Most beautifully written book in 2011?

Crap. Ouch. Huh… Oh, I’ve got it! Hammered by Kevin Hearne. If you’ve not read the Iron Druid Chronicles you’re missing out on a whole lot of fun. These are dynamic books. EPIC even. GO read. I demand it.

14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?

By The Time You Read This I’ll Be Dead <- Title says it all.

15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read? 

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. I hadn’t wanted to read it until all of them had been released and finally broke down and read it. Why did I wait so long again? O_o

16. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011? 

“I wasn't being a git. I wasn't even being a twat, or a wanker, or any of your other bleeding Briticisms -” Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins <- Fabulous book. Must read for ALL even if you don't read non Paranormal books. 

17. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012? 

Falling Under by Gwen Hayes, The Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr, The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa, The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne... There's more of course but we'll stop here...

18. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!

Hammered by Kevin Hearne. The only thing I will say is “It’s a small world” as sung by grown men in a land of giants. No joke. Go read the book.

 Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2011 (optional)

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2011?

Hm. I just started blogging this year. Everyone I’ve made friends with are my favorites. They're awesome people. Check out my #FF if you don't believe me.

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2010?

I don’t really have a favorite that I wrote. I have several that I like. Some that as I was learning seem a bit incomplete but overall I think I’m still far from picking one as a favorite. 

3. Best discussion you had on your blog?

No one discusses with me. T_T The most conversation I’ve had on my blog is over a Waiting on Wednesday book. 

4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog?

Oh wow… I always admire other’s posts. I can’t really pick one. Everyone else is so good at writing reviews. Every time I read one of theirs I feel like I’m learning something new. 

5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

The Iron Knight Twitter party. That was AWESOME. 

6. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?

Being Nominated for the Liebster Blog Award. ^_^

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

The Team Badges I’ve made for the Iron Fey boys based on The Iron Knight cover. 

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

Touch of Power review. *weeps*

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

There’s an awesome used bookstore I just discovered here in town called the Book Barn. It’s great I don’t have to order online anymore from Wonder Book and Video though I imagine I’ll still be using them. 

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I will hit my reading goal this year. Yes I will. >_< I'm only seven books short. I can read that in 14 days... I can...

Looking Ahead...

1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?

Dreaming Awake by Gwen Hayes, Shine by Jeri Ready-Smith, Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, The Immortal Rules by Julia Kagawa… those are the top but there are at least a dozen I’m waiting for.

3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?

Be more consistently active. Hopefully with the new schedule I set up for myself I will be able to do that AND I hope to have twice the fun next year that I had this year. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. You must read Lola & The Boy Next Door! I loved it just as much (if not more) than Anna & The French Kiss.

    I love the background on your blog by the way - so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divergent was one of my unputdownable books of 2011, too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete