Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Hello everyone! I want to thank you so much for following. I really appreciate each and every one of you.

Please Note: Requests are closed at this time. ^_^ Thank you.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Book Review: Waiting For You


Waiting For You
Publish Date: May 2009
Publisher: Viking Juvenile 

At the beginning of her sophomore year, Marisa is ready for a fresh start and, more importantly, a boyfriend. So when the handsome and popular Derek asks her out, Marisa thinks her long wait for happiness is over. But several bumps in the road - including her parents' unexpected separation, a fight with her best friend, and a shocking disappointment in her relationship with Derek - test Marisa's ability to maintain her new outlook. Only the anonymous DJ, whose underground podcasts have the school's ear, seems to understand what Marisa is going through. But she has no idea who he is - or does she?

In this third romantic novel from Susane Colasanti, Marisa learns how to "be in the Now" and realizes that the love she's been waiting for has been right in front of her all along.
(From Goodreads)

There’s nothing like a small town to make you appreciate the anonymity of a city. This is something I noticed but in perspective here. The location has a lot to do with Marisa’s social outcastness. 

I don’t really connect with Marisa. High school was a difficult time for me as well, but instead of trying to rise above she feels like a quitter to me. There’s nothing really admirable that stands out and makes me want to like her.  I try, but I just can’t connect with someone that has to try every single wrong way of doing something before she figures out the right one. 

Her cohort isn’t even mentioned in the synopsis yet I like him more. He is Nash and he’s everything she’s not. He’s already had her problems and he’s already solved them. I think she should have dated Nash instead of Derek (who is a total loser in my mind and I wouldn’t have looked twice at him in school). 

There’s not really much going on in the book which is kind of disappointing. The entire thing is told really in the synopsis. This is all that happens. It has a really good idea, but it just needs some more umph to it. While not a great, out of this world read it is decent. 

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment