Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers answer. Everyone is welcome to join! All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! It’s super fun and a great way to meet other bloggers.
Today’s top ten is “Book Quotes.” Here are my all time favorites. Some of them make me crack up and others are just good sense. ^_^ What are yours?
1. “I wasn't being a git. I wasn't even being a twat, or a wanker, or any of your other bleeding Briticisms-” ― Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss
2. “It's all right to love someone who doesn't love you back, as long as they're worth you loving them. As long as they deserve it.” ― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
3. “Why are Americans so fascinated by Ireland?” Keith asked... “you all think you’re Irish. What’s the appeal? Do you like the accent more? Is it all the magical rocks? Oh, look, a leprechaun...” ― Maureen Johnson, The Last Little BlueEnvelope
4. “Tristan was silent for a few moments, looking at the leaves before them. "Life isn’t about the past and the future. Its about today." He paused. "Its about five minutes from now and two seconds ago. Its moments, you know? Not years. Years arent what define us.” ― Chelsea Fine, Anew
5. “People can be cruelest to those they love.” ― Veronica Rossi, Under the Never Sky
6. “What the fuck do you want?" After a pause, he said in a firm voice, "This is Dylan Keeley, the guy who would've killed to trade places with you until five minutes ago." He met my eyes. "She doesn't want to talk to you. Now why don't you go back to screwing your prom queen and let me do the same.” ― Jeri Smith-Ready, Shift
7. “This isn't a crush, it's obsession. You are never not in my thoughts. Your scent carries across a room and paralyzes me with longing. I don't want to hold your hand. Part of me wants to set you on fire and hold you while the flame consumes us both, to eat your heart so I know that only I possess it entirely.” ― Gwen Hayes, Falling Under
8. “I care," he said in a trembling voice. "I care so much that I do not know how to tell you without it seeming inconsequential compared to how I feel. Even if I am distant at times and seem as if I do not want to be with you, it is only because this scares me, too.” ― Aimee Carter, The Goddess Test
9. “Most of what I say is complete truth. My edit button is broken.” ― Myra McEntire, Hourglass
10. “Do not be deceived by the politeness of the fey. Fey are almost always polite. This does not mean they will not happily remove your head.” ― Julie Kagawa, The Iron Knight