Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Hello everyone! I want to thank you so much for following. I really appreciate each and every one of you.

Please Note: Requests are closed at this time. ^_^ Thank you.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Book Review: The Brotherhood of Piaxia


The Brotherhood Of Piaxia
Author: Michael Drakich
Publish Date:March 2012
Publisher: Indie

Years have passed since the overthrow of the monarchy by the Brotherhood of Warlocks and they rule Piaxia in peaceful accord. But now forces are at work to disrupt this rule from outside the Brotherhood as well as within! Follow Tarlok, Savan and Tessia as their paths intertwine, with the Brotherhood in pursuit and the powerful merchant’s guild manipulating the populace for their own end.


Everyone (that I know) loves a good fantasy. Who doesn’t love daring heroes and wondrous heroines? Or spectacular shows of magic and cunning sidekicks? It’s been a while since I’ve read such a book, so when asked I was thrilled with the opportunity to read this.

It’s like a dash of Dragonlance, toss in some Robert Jordan for flavor and sprinkle a little Harry Potter in for zing. (Take my Hodge podge with a grain of salt will you? Trying to remain spoiler free here.) The world is unto itself different yet similar to fantasy worlds I’ve visited before so it was sort of like a homecoming. At the same time because it did feel slightly familiar there was no enchantment to it.

The characters are what we expect from fantasy characters. They’re strong in their own individual ways and weak in them as well. There is no perfect character. Though I would have liked more time with them individual to get to know them better.

The story flips in a continuous rotation between characters. For those not used to handling more than two or three characters at a time this may not be for you. However for those that have read the previously mentioned series in my salad complex you’ll find this story enjoyable and (again as I said preciously) comfortably familiar.

Overall, I would say it was an average experience. For me there was nothing really epic about the tale though it was engaging and at time entertaining. I would however, recommend this for those that enjoy and often visit the vast realm of fantasy.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment