Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Hello everyone! I want to thank you so much for following. I really appreciate each and every one of you.

Please Note: Requests are closed at this time. ^_^ Thank you.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Book Review: Intangible


Intangible
Author: J. Meyers
Publish Date: January 2012
Publisher: Createspace

Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.
(GoodReads)


Firstly, I want to thank Ms. Meyers for asking me to read the book. I am most humbly honored to be asked. 

Paranormal books seem, to be the mainstream of YA fiction right now. There’s no getting away from it. Thus everytime I pick one up I’m slightly skeptical. How many times can a good story be written with the same base characters? I’m pleased to announce this is probably the most original story I’ll read all year. 

Sera and Luke are people that I would have as friends in school. They’re great all around people, but they’re not snooty with it and they don’t act superior with their gifts either. For them it just is, and it doesn’t change who they are but rather enhances it. What’s even greater is they’re not all angsty about their gifts. Their personalities aren’t some emo wanna be rollercoaster that so many paranormal books tread. It was a great relief to have such outstanding and well written characters. 

While trying not to give much away about the plot, I will say the story line isn’t something I’ve read or found similar premise for in any other story. This definitely stands out as a very unique one of a kind premise. It was such a good, clean written story I’m very surprised this came from an independent author.

Overall it’s definitely a good, well thought out book. I would definitely recommend this for all paranormal lovers. I’m not too fond of the cliff hanger, but that’s only because I hate waiting. It’s rare I give out the cake as I’m very picky with my books, but this one definitely takes the cake. 

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment