Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Hello everyone! I want to thank you so much for following. I really appreciate each and every one of you.

Please Note: Requests are closed at this time. ^_^ Thank you.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish Each week a new top ten list is provided for enjoyment. ^_^ This week’s topic is books you loved but never posted reviews for. These are in no particular order.

I didn't start my blog until July and sometimes I wish I had started sooner because there are several books I've read that miss out on recognition.  I might use them for Treasured Thursdays since they are awesome great gems and definitely deserve the Love.

My top ten are:

1. The Iron King - Julie Kagawa
      This is by far my FAVORITE story and series about fey. I wish I had read it during the time in which I could have reviewed it. Mrs. Kagawa’s imaginative world overlaps the real one in such a convincing pleasing manner it’s completely plausible to check the closet for bogeys before bed. 
 
      I LOVE this book. This is the first steampunk genre book I’ve read that A. seems plausible and B. isn’t lost in the technically of the creations. Miss Cross provides a fantastically imaginative story that is enjoyable enough to reread several times over.

3. Forget You - Jennifer Echols
      This is such a sweet story. It’s something that does occur in real life. This isn’t just a story about what if this happened. This is really what some of us when through in high school. The care Miss Echols puts into realism is gorgeous and loving.  

4. Hounded - Kevin Hearne
      I have a hard time finding a male author that writes an intriguing, captivating story. Mr. Hearne is one that I can say deserves props as an awesome creative writer. I love the style and cadence Atticus has and devour these books in one sitting.

5. Halo - Alexandra Adornetto
      This is a sweet poignant story. It’s not fancy in detail or in creatures. It’s more one of my favorites because it’s touching. Defying the rules isn’t something that’s easy to do, even when it’s the right thing to do. I think the love here is sweet and innocent.

6. Stray - Rachel Vincent
      Rachel Vincent is an excellent author. I haven’t read any book of hers that disappoints. Werecats are not often written about and the way we get to see her image of their lifestyle is unique and stylish.

7. The Goddess Test - Aimee Carter
      This is the most original take on mythology yet. If someone knows anything better please feel free to tell me, but until then Miss Carter’s interpretation of mythology reigns supreme.

8. Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater
      I will be the first to tell everyone that werewolves and vampires are overated… unless we’re talking about Shiver. This is a beautiful story. At first it’s a bit disconcerting with the changes in POV but the reasoning behind it is brilliant and the story moves along so smoothly. I can’t imagine it being written any other way.

9. Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr
      While not held in such high regard as The Iron Fey series, The Wicked Lovely Series certainly holds second place firmly. The fey don’t live in a fantasy realm, they live here, amoungst us, surrounding us, playing with our heads, and we don’t even know it. I give Melissa Marr credit for the realistic idea that questions what’s truly real and what’s fey play.

10. Hush Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick
      Angel books are a dime a dozen. However, there’s always that one that’s actually a silver dollar. Hush Hush is that silver dollar. The perspective of the angels are much differently portrayed then what the common mind portrays. Definitely a must read for those that love angelic stories. 



1 comment:

  1. That's a list of awesome books, i still have to read most of them though.

    ReplyDelete