Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and theBookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers answer. Everyone is welcome to join! All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! It’s super fun and a great way to meet other bloggers.
Today’s top ten is “New to Me Authors of 2012” So here they are. Some of these are in fact debut authors. Some are not. I love them all regardless. ^_^
1. Chelsea Fine – The Archers of Avalon Series is an AWESOME read. She’s such a nice person too and will chat if she has a moment.
2. Veronica Rossi – I read Under the Never Sky in a few hours. I could not put it down. I’m hoping Through the Ever Night is just as fantastic. In the meantime she’s on my favorite debut list.
3. J Meyers – Many may not know of Intangible to which I say I’m sorry for what you’re missing. Ms. Meyers is a fantastic writer and a great person to talk to. She’s full of encouragement and positive energy too. ^_^
4. S.R. Johannes – Another Indie author many may not know of. Her Nature of Grace Series is bound to keep any reader entertained for hours. She’s also as cool as Ms. Meyers to talk to.
5. Courtney Allson Moulton – I have never read anything as energetic and suspenseful as the Angelfire Series. Not only that but her tumblr and webpage are always full of news and events. She’s an everyday person and it’s really cool chatting with her.
6. Kat Beyer – A debut author with The Demon Catchers of Milan. I was skeptical at first as I was thinking Constantine when I picked it up but it’s so much better than that (in my mind). I’m anxiously awaiting the second book. She’s really personable as well.
7. Jay Kristoff – Book one for the Lotus Wars series was just released so he is also a debut author as well as one of my new favorites. The book was fantastic and he’s a great (and very polite) guy.
8. Kimberly Derting – I know she’s been around a while with The Body Finder series but I actually did not pick her up until The Pledge. Which was a phenomenal read. ^_^ I’ve not had the opportunity to pick anything else up by her yet, but I’m looking forward to it, when time allows.
9. Wendy Wunder – Again a debut author with The Probability of Miracles Between laughing and crying this book had it all. It was definitely a rollercoaster of emotion that I look forward to reading again and again. I can’t wait to see what she does next.
10. Alison Goodman – She is a fantastic fantasy writer. She proves that with Eon and Eona.. While I wish there were more of them, I’m glad to see there’s new stuff to be expected soon. I’m excited to see what she’s coming up with next.